Updated 5 April 2018
Interested in selling your work online? Joining a network of other makers and designers? Here you will find information on how you can apply to join www.hiddenartshop.co.uk
This is the link to the list of all the designers currently on the Hidden Art E-Shop.
The E-Shop was first launched in 2005, and has since attracted design loving customers looking for unusual gifts from the curated collection of products from designers and makers on www.hiddenartshop.co.uk
Being on the Hidden Art E-Shop www.hiddenartshop.co.uk offers you:
- Access to customers to promote products and greater exposure for your products through regular Hidden Art E-Newsletters, PR and product placement as well as coverage through social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram).
- Complete support along with a helpline to give you advice on products, shipping, pricing, etc.
Hidden Art offers:
- The possibility to be featured in editorial, press, etc.
- Automatic payment for your product sales, and no need to send invoices.
- In addition to features in Hidden Art E-Newsletters it is a great opportunity to gain coverage on our social media platforms such as Twitter @Hidden_Art and @Hidden_Art_Shop. You can also find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/hiddenartshop, Pinterest www.pinterest.com/hiddenartshop, Instagram http://instagram.com/hiddenartlondon and Google+ https://plus.google.com/+HiddenartCoUkDesign
How it works – customer’s perspective
- Customers browse the E-Shop and select their products; they then proceed to the checkout page where they can safely pay with a variety of debit and credit cards. A Paypal option is also available.
- Each customer receives an automated email confirming the products that have been purchased, together with confirmation of the delivery address.
- The system authorizes the card transaction and then emails you the order details so you can arrange a dispatch directly to the customer.
- Wholesale customers contact us direct and we would contact you to discuss the details relevant to the wholesale commission.
How it works – Designers & Makers perspective
- We operate a dropship system. This means that we promote your products on the e-shop but when an order is received this will be passed on to you to be dealt with.
- You will receive an email with the order details, including customer name and address, for you to send to the customer. On a regular basis you will then receive sales income straight into your Paypal or bank account, minus the Hidden Art fee + VAT, as well as a statement showing your sales and what you have been paid.
Criteria for new Designers & Makers interested in joining the Hidden Art E-Shop
You need to be a working as a designer or a maker.
Country of Origin:
- UK – Hidden Art has always promoted the work of UK based designers. At the moment, all designers applying for our e-shop must have a link with Great Britain (i.e. studied and/or worked in the UK) or have been Hidden Art members in the past that moved to their country of origin.
- Outside UK – In some cases we give designers that are based outside the UK the chance to join our e-shop. A main criteria here is the facility to ship abroad at an affordable price.
- Excellent product quality
- Excellent image quality: product images submitted for our e-shop must be hi-res
- Availability of life style images
- Ability to keep up with demand
- Price points/products appropriate for the E-Shop
- Product types should match the E-Shop’s customer profile
- Products have generated a good track record of sales to date or sales referrals or have generated good press coverage.
- Sufficient lead-time for products
- Orders completed and delivered on time
- Reasonable shipping costs
- Issues related to damaged items are resolved quickly
- If you are not based in the UK please let us know whether you have sold abroad, what shipping companies you have used and an example of the cost of shipping to the UK, Europe, the U.S and the rest of the world.
- Your ability to assist in resolving customer issues and willingness to work closely with the E-Shop team to resolve issues
- Your ability to respond quickly to the E-Shop team when enquiries/queries occur.
- You participate readily in press loans and provide correct credit
- You supply high-resolution images ( or for web square format, 1024 x 1024 pixels and of 72dpi quality) within 24 hours or sooner if required
- You respond within 24 hours or sooner to Press enquiries
- You update the Hidden Art E-Shop team with new contact details within one week or sooner
- You are easy to contact and reply to enquiries/issues within one day
- You update the Hidden Art E-Shop team of holiday/out of office dates and what to do in absence two weeks in advance.
- You are able to receive orders by email and respond to order confirmations within 24 hours of receipt (essential).
When you can apply
You can apply throughout the year. The selection panel meets on a regular basis.
How to apply
To apply please email Dieneke Ferguson at: firstname.lastname@example.org providing the following details:
- Information about you (contact details, website etc).
- Low resolution images of products you would like to submit (with name, price, quantities, date made and other relevant background information).
- Where else (e-shops, etc) do you sell these products.
- Which products are your bestsellers?
- Where your products have been featured.
- How you ship your products including shipping costs for UK, Europe, the US and the rest of the world
If accepted, you will receive an email with further details.