Entered 29 April 2015
- London, N1
- Start Date – as soon as possible
- £ depending on experience
- Reporting to Group Director
Upper Street Events are recruiting for an Event Manager for New Designers
New Designers (June/July) is Europe’s leading graduate design exhibition. Now in its 30th year, New Designers provides a focal point for all the top design courses from across the nation to meet industry employers, buyers, the media, trend predictors and a design-hungry public. It takes place annually at the Business Design Centre, London and runs across 2 Parts, covering design disciplines from jewellery to automotive design with a prestigious awards evening in each Part.
To plan and manage the delivery of the sales campaign to meet the stand and sponsorship revenue targets set for the event through: understanding and adding insight to the show proposition, understanding the exhibitor categories and their unique needs, adding value to the marketing and event plan ensuring a high level of market knowledge that will continue to enable an understanding of the needs of our customers. Develop and implement strategic sales plan to include budgeting, and motivate and manage team members and external resources (Venue, AV/PA, PR, design and print). Knowledge of the creative industries will be advantageous.
- Creation and management and implementation of the sales plan. Including identifying, qualifying and acting on sales leads, designing the sales campaigns and producing the post-show sales plan which focuses on the next 12 months.
- To provide strategic insight into the development of the show in both the short, medium and long term
- Produce and create overall P&L with Group Director with input from Marketing and Operations.
- Excellent sales and account handling skills to be a priority – relationship management
- Face to face presentation skills
- Manage floor plan including layout in conjunction with Operations & Event Director
- To network and gain industry knowledge and understand how we maintain a competitive edge in attracting
audiences across exhibiting, sponsoring and visiting
- Ultimately responsible for the sales database and achievement of stand sales & sponsorship targets
- Manage and produce specific sales mailings including liaising with suppliers, internal co-ordination, exhibitor prepare days etc
- To plan and implement exhibitor sales marketing campaign & materials working effectively with the Marketing Team.
Contribute where appropriate to exhibitor involvement in event features
- Manage and keep sales figures up to date. Responsible for the figures to be submitted to senior level management team.
- Ability to effectively deal with cancellations & objective
- To effectively develop and maintain professional relationships including, exhibitors, sponsors, associations and other relevant professional organisations.
- Conduct exhibitor added value packages and sponsorship deals
- Management of all Interns & Volunteers across the show
- Chair weekly team meetings
- Sales & planning experience
- Relationship management
- Demonstration of good leadership
- Ambition to grow and develop the event
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Financial accuracy and planning
- Presentation skills (PowerPoint and verbal)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills
- Commitment and determination
- Ability to manage, mentor and motivate team members
- A knowledge of the Design sectors desirable but not essential
If you’re interested in this position please send your CV to Thea.Hey@upperstreetevents.co.uk