Petit Miracle Interiors is a registered charity that offers interior design training to people who have experienced homelessness, vulnerable women and the long-term unemployed. From the 21st until the 29th of April they are hosting their first ever pop-up shop, located in a former JJB Sports retail unit in the West12 Shopping Centre in Shepherd’s Bush. To ensure it’s success they are looking for your help!
Petit Miracle Interiors are looking for:
- Tutors/trainers/teachers with furniture restoration experience.
- Eco-conscious, upcycling fashion designers who want to showcase their designs within the shop.
- Qualified builders to offer DIY workshops to vulnerable adults and ‘at risk’ youth. Teaching health and safety and basic DIY skills.
- Qualified builders to help with the set-up of the pop-up shop.
- An architect or drafts-person to draw up plans for the aforementioned.
- Any and all artists/creative types that want to contribute to the pop-up shop experience.
About the project:
Design Bank uses the principles of regular banking, but with a twist: instead of money, upcycled items of furniture and the time people put it to the project are the currency. When people sign up for workshops they learn the art of upcycling and build credits towards their time-bank account, which can then be used to buy items from the project. Unwanted furnishings previously destined for the landfill now become useful and beautiful items for a new home.
Petit Miracle Interiors believes that volunteering should be mutually beneficial. In return for your contributions they are happy to offer references, share your work among their network, allowing you to use this opportunity to enhance your portfolio.
All those interested should contact Elisicia Moore at the contact details listed below.
Petit Miracle Interiors
Registered Charity #1143542
Petit Miracles Website:
Petit Miracle Interiors blog: