Entered 4 April 2013
Deadline 26th April 2013
As in 2012, the Project Space should be about anything but products. We like to punctuate the halls at Tent London with engaging installations of all descriptions which challenge our design hungry visitors and offer a break from the furniture, lighting and interiors products found within the rest of the show.
This year we are again offering 4 *free* Project Spaces in the show to architects and designers who have a design or concept they would like to present to our 20,000 visitors.
Installations must be engaging, 3-dimensional environments which clearly demonstrate the chosen concept; whether it be colour, material, light, human interaction, diversity etc. Concepts can be complex or simple, but must be clearly evident in the installation – visitors should not have to read a book to get it.
As Tent London is a temporary design trade exhibition, your design should reflect this temporary nature. The most impactful installations are often the most simple and the ones we love.
The Practical Stuff
- There are only 4 spaces available.
- The Project Spaces are not traditional Shell Scheme stand with walls; they are Space Only islands in predetermined locations through the show halls.
- The dimensions of each space varies, so your proposal needs to reflect this by making the design flexible, scale-able or even modular.
The dimensions of each of the spaces will be approximately 4m(l) x 5m(w) x 3m(h).
Please note: Those selected will receive free space only. The costs of all design aspects must be covered by you; you are responsible for all building, installation, delivery costs and your stay in London.
Your installation must take no more than 20 hours to build and must be completely broken down in 10 hours.
All successful applicants will be required to sign and return a contract that acknowledges that they are liable for the total stand cost, if they fail to deliver on-time the design and proposal that they were accepted on the basis of.
Deadline for Applications – Friday 26th April
Final 10 Announced (& public voting commences) – June
4 Winners Notified & Announced – August
How to Apply
Send an email containing the following information to email@example.com
- Contact phone number.
- Project title / name.
- Description of proposal (no more than 350 words). We may contact you again for more information about your proposal.
- Attach 6 visualisations of the intended installation. These can be in the form of photographs, renders or sketches.