Call for Entries.
Deadline for Application: 12 noon, Wednesday 2 December 2015.
Applications are invited for the Cockpit Arts / The Haberdashers’ Awards which aim to assist designer-makers working in knit to set up in business by providing studio space and business support provided by Cockpit Arts.
The Awards are generously supported by The Haberdashers’ Company, with additional support from The Framework Knitters’ Company. There are 2 Awards available and the selection panel (including a high profile Guest Judge who is a knit specialist and a representative from The Haberdashers’ Company as well as The Framework Knitters’ Company) will be looking for individuals who demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit as well as creative excellence and craft skills.
Cockpit Arts / The Haberdashers’ Award recipients will be awarded a place at a Cockpit Arts incubator for a year. This includes the following benefits:
-Studio space for a year within the creative community at Cockpit Arts, London.
– Business and professional development services including on-site coaching, a personalised development plan, access to finance, workshops and events.
– Help with equipment and materials from The Framework Knitters’ Company
– Technical and commercial advice provided by The Framework Knitters’ Company
– A range of selling and promotional opportunities including the popular Cockpit Arts Open Studios events.
– Opportunity to collaborate with other designer-makers in the Cockpit community.
– Access to office facilities and resource centre.
See http://www.cockpitarts.com/studios-support/awards for more details.