Deadline: 12 noon, Wednesday 2 December 2015
Application Pack: Please email email@example.com
Applications are invited for this year’s Chelsea @ Cockpit Award 2015. This award is specifically aimed at BA and MA textile graduates of Chelsea College of Art Design who graduated in June 2013, June 2014 or June 2015 and is part of a commitment by UAL/Chelsea College of Art and Design to assist graduates with their professional career.
The Prize – Match-funded studio space and business support for one year!
Chelsea College understand the difficulties that textile graduates face when considering starting up in business, such as a lack of appropriate mentoring and practical support in the early stages, as well as the isolation many graduates experience after leaving college. To address these issues, The College has sought to replicate the closeness of a textile studio, whilst also ensuring that graduates have the best chance of succeeding as designers on an independent basis, by partnering with Cockpit Arts Deptford to establish the Chelsea @ Cockpit Award.
Matthew Jacques, one of the Chelsea @ Cockpit Award 2013 winners, said “I have learnt the steps needed to create a successful business. I think the year has really prepared me for that part of the design world.”
The Award will assist a graduate to set up in business by providing a studio space combined with business support provided by Cockpit Arts. One Award is available and the selection panel (including a guest judge from within the textile industry) will be looking for an individual who demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit as well as creative excellence and craft skills. The Award generously subsidises a place at Cockpit Arts Deptford for one year from 1 November 2014 and includes the following benefits:
– Use of the dedicated Chelsea @ Cockpit studio within the creative community of Cockpit Arts at Deptford, London, SE8 with access to office facilities and resource centre. Business and professional development services including on-site coaching, a personalised development plan, access to finance, workshops and events.
– A range of selling and promotional opportunities including Cockpit Arts Open Studios selling events.
– Award worth £2,500 with the remaining £2,500 fee paid by the Award winner, payable on a monthly basis.
How to apply:
– Please request a “Chelsea @ Cockpit Award” application pack from firstname.lastname@example.org
– Deadline for receipt of applications is 12 noon, Friday 2 December 2015
– Interviews with shortlisted applicants will be held on Thursday 17 December 2015
– Award winner is expected to move in January 2016