Hidden Art Open Studios ran on Weekend 2 only (6 and 7 December), offering members of the public access to London’s designer-maker community and an opportunity to visit their studios and buy unique design in the run up to Christmas.
To celebrate East London’s creativity, scores of people came along to the Open Studios weekend to experience:
• Top notch activities, providing avenues to explore your own creative touch.
• The private view evenings.
• A free PRIZE DRAW utilising the exclusive Hidden Art Open Studios loyalty card attached to the map.
• Entertaining and educational walking tours through East London.
• Other events and attractions occurring through the weekend.
At Glebe Road Studios, 13 ceramic artists and designers showcased their work and sold directly to the public. Aiga’s distinctive work proved to be a crowd favourite.
Sue’s animal ceramics are a staple of any Open Studios tour.
Hidden Art Cornwall’s Making it Digital
UK Design Fair
The Hidden Art Open Studios and Fair ran for the 15th year in 2008, revealing East London’s strong creative centre.
The UK Design Fair took place at Shop 14, The Old Truman Brewery, corner of Hanbury Street and Dray Walk, E1 6QL on Weekend 1 only (28, 29 and 30 November). 30 Hidden Art designer-makers had a stall at the fair, which provided a great platform to shop for unique Christmas gifts. Friday 28 November also offered a late night shopping opportunity, from 5-9pm.