Thursday 7 May between 10am and 1pm
Briffa is a boutique firm of specialist intellectual property lawyers. We work with clients of all shapes and sizes and help them to identify, protect, commercialise and enforce their IP. During the lockdown, Briffa is running Virtual IP Clinics to provide advice and support to businesses on everything from IP rights to commercial contracts disputes. The aim of these sessions to get people thinking about steps they can take to protect and strengthen their creative businesses over the coming months, for example:
- Think about the future and tackle things that have been on the long finger which you may now have time to address e.g. getting your IP or legal documentation in order.
- Think about long term returns on investments made now – £500 invested in a trade mark will protect your brand for 10 years!
- Understand options for avoiding expensive contractual obligations – early termination rights, force majeure rights, contractual frustration.
- Leverage these options in negotiation – disputes are expensive for everyone so aim to resolve early, quickly and inexpensively.
- Continue to police and respond to infringement – infringers love chaos, but remain vigilant during the lockdown!
You can learn more about Briffa at www.briffa.com. Our first Virtual IP Clinic is taking place between 10 am and 1 pm on Thursday 7 May 2020. If you would like to book a slot, please contact us on email@example.com.