In the run-up to Christmas there is the opportunity to Explore Coal Drops Yard in more depth through three specially curated tours. Starting at Coal Drops Yard’s resident design school, STORE Store,
each bespoke tour will be complete with live design demos, making, talks – and of course a drink or two! Tickets are just £10 and all proceeds will be donated to STORE Store. Spaces are limited to 15 per tour.
Design at Coal Drops Yard
29 November | 18:00 – 20:00| Price: £10
This tour will showcase the best of Design at Coal Drops Yard:
- First stop is at STORE Store for a demonstration of their bespoke wrapping paper making machine. Expect free samples of the very first batch!
- Experience an exclusive visit to The Factory – Tom Dixon’s own in-house experimental production unit with a presentation of the latest and most iconic products
- Then, take an architectural tour of Coal Drops Yard, designed by Heatherwick Studio
- Finally, you’ll head to Kiosk Gallery for complimentary drinks and a private view of Vessels; the new tableware collection by acclaimed designers Studio Vit presented by MDR Gallery
Christmas at Coal Drops Yard
7 December | 18:00 – 20:00 | Price: £10
Get into the Christmas spirit with a host of exclusive festive activities:
- Meet at STORE Store to design and make your own Christmas cards using luxury G.F Smith paper
- The tour continues over to cutting-edge lifestyle concept store Bonds for a candle making workshop, where you can blend and pour your own scent to take home
- Visit MDR Gallery to hear more about the stunning Studio Mieke Meijer Space Frame lights that you’ll see across the King’s Cross site this Christmas
- Finally, visit House of Cans and Bodega Rita’s to browse the shelves for ingredients and inspiration. Then, Missy Flynn will take you through some easy to make seasonal (beer based) cocktails – guaranteed add a global twist to your festivities this year!
Craft at Coal Drops Yard
13 December | 18:00 – 20:00 | Price: £10
This tour will celebrate Craft at Coal Drops Yard with a host of activities:
- Begin at STORE Store for an introduction to this crafts on offer at the Coal Drops Yard in-house design school
- Join PATTERNITY and learn about the power of pattern through the creative craft of marbling, followed by a chance to get hands-on and create your own mini, marbled masterpiece to take home and enjoy
- Join the LPOL team to see what goes in to designing and crafting their distinctive collection of leather goods, including a sensory tour of materials, tools and techniques used in the craft of every piece
- Following the tour expect a festive tipple at a special location!