The Geffrye Museum of the Home
136 Kingsland Road
Saturday 19 May 2018
10am – 6pm
Join us on the lush lawns of the Geffrye for a day celebrating the joys of the urban garden, as part of the Chelsea Fringe Festival.
With something for everyone, the day will include:
- Workshops – flower headdress-making with Wild Abundance, vegetable carving run by award-winning vegetable artists from Lambeth Country Show and herbal tea blending with Hackney Herbal (tickets £25/£20 early bird at hackneyherbal.com)
- Plant and herb stalls including Gray and Greenery and Rootcraft
- Living tree sculptures by local artist Meital Tzabari
- Face painting, lawn games and deckchairs to lounge in
- Botanical cocktails, craft cider and street food
- Meet aptly-named head gardener Heather, to hear more about the Geffrye gardens
- And for those inclined – Tour de Plants, a free guided cycle around the greenest local spots
Tour de Plants
11am – 12noon. Free
Summon up your petal power for a circular ride around east London’s greenest spots, starting and ending on the Geffrye’s front lawn. A free, guided hour-long cycle, just turn up and ride – and decorating yourself and your bike with floral adornments is definitely encouraged! Don’t worry if you don’t have your own wheels – bike sharing company Ofo will provide bikes on the day. Back at the Geffrye, the London Bike Kitchen and Hackney Bike Workshop will be on hand with bike-related quizzes, prizes and doctor sessions.