&Entered 3 March 2014
Call for Applications
Deadline of Applications: Friday 11th April, 12pm
Applications are invited for the Cockpit Arts / The Clothworkers’ Foundation Awards 2014 which aim to assist weavers to set up in business by providing studio space and business support provided by Cockpit Arts as well as shared use of looms. There are 6 Awards available and the selection panel (including a representative from The Clothworkers’ Foundation, and the acclaimed ikat weaver and designer, Mary Restieaux) will be looking for individuals who demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit as well as creative excellence and craft skills. The Awards will include space in a shared studio equipped withLeclerc and Louet looms and the following benefits:
The Cockpit Arts / The Clothworkers’ Foundation Awards 2014 recipients will be awarded a match funded place, worth £2,000, with shared use of looms at Cockpit Arts Deptford for one year, with the possibility of support for a further year. This includes the following benefits:
· Up to 6 Awards worth £2,000 with the remaining £2,000 fee being provided by the Award winners, payable on a monthly basis.
· Studio space and use of looms within the creative community of Cockpit Arts at Deptford, London SE8 with access to office facilities and resource centre.
· Business and professional development services including on-site coaching, a personalised development plan, access to finance, workshops and events.
· A range of selling and promotional opportunities including Cockpit Arts Open Studios selling events.
How to apply
- Please request a “Clothworkers Award” application pack from email@example.com
- Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 11 April 2014, 12pm.
- Interviews with shortlisted applicants will be held on Monday 28 April 2014.
- Winners will be expected to take up their place at Cockpit Arts by July 2014.
See http://www.cockpitarts.com/studios-support/awards for more details.”