Mrs Birdee, from the Small Green Co
Opus Chandelier, from Roast Designs
New bags from Original Little Bir
Summer is nearly here, and what better way to make the most of it than by attracting birds to your garden with the Small Green Co’s Mr and Mrs Birdee bird boxes. Available to buy on our shop, they are eco-friendly, flat-packed, and easy to put together.
- Roast Designs have launched two new chandelier designs – Cascade, and Opus, created from hand-blown glass spheres and hundreds of glass and crystal beads. Roast Designs recently had an article written about their work in the FT supplement, How to Spend It, which you can read here.
- You might have seen Original Little Bird in our Open Studios event last December. The creator, Gabi Bolton, has launched a new range of satchels and travel bags, which are designed and handmade in Norfolk and feature her own highly individual prints. She’ll be exhibiting at Pulse in the Launchpad area from the 5-7 June.
Exhibitions and Successes from Hidden Art members
New products from Chocolate Creative
Kirsty Whyte’s ‘Drew’ Table
Gina Pierce’s Wallpaper
- Kirsty Whyte has launched a new range of furniture at the Milan Furniture Fair 2011, with Modus Furniture. The Drew range is comprised of a meeting table, coat-stand and high and low occasional tables.
- Gina Pierce has been a Hidden Art member since 2008, and she is showing some of her wallpapers and fabrics for the first time at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York from the 14-17 May, as part of the British European Design Group.
- Chocolate Creative will be showing work at the Dulwich Festival Open Artists House programme, over the 7-8 May. There will be an open studio event in collaboration with Kate Clarke and other designers, with special discounts and offers. Chocolate Creative will also be at Made in Clerkenwell, from the 19-22 May.
- CUSTHOM have designed a new range of products
for the Design Museum (they’re also participating in our Hidden Art Select Kids programme for 2011, collaborating with local schools)
- Two of our members (Ella Doran and People Will Always Need Plates) were selected by Living Etc to design a special commemorative Royal Wedding plate. You can check them out here, if you want a reminder of the big day!